A.E. Robinson Oil Co. was established in 1950 by Alfred E. Robinson, the current president’s father. At first, the company only had one service truck to handle heating oil deliveries. In addition, the company also offered burner services to residential and commercial customers throughout the area.
Advances in technology caused the company to advance as well. In 1970, James (Jim) Robinson, Sr. purchased the company from his father. At that time, we had two delivery trucks and two service trucks to handle the growing needs of our customers.
Jim, the president, and his two brothers who are now retired ran the company, while working in different areas of the business. As the company grew, it became more family based. Jim’s children, grandchildren, and nephews started working for the company.
In the 1980s, our company decided year-round service would set our business apart from other fuel companies. In order to meet the growing demands for the year-round services, A.E. Robinson Oil Co. purchased facilities, which were later converted to gas stations with convenience stores and delis.